About Me

My photo
has been playing piano for over 15 years with training from some of America's best concert performers. My true love, however, is teaching with a fun twist.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Pain Free with the Keyboard Wellness Seminar

Have you heard?  You don't have to hurt anymore when you play the piano. 

Can you imagine a pianistic career where your back doesn't ache, your wrist is pain free and you play better than you've ever played in your life? 

It's all a pipe dream, right?  It wasn't for me.

3 years ago, when I first learned about the Dorothy Taubman technique, I was in serious pain.  Everyday practice meant intense aches which would radiate through my upper back and right arm.   The Taubman technique changed all of that for me.

The Taubman technique teaches you to play by using the natural movements of the body working with gravity.  It truly makes playing piano effortless. 

Every summer Shelia Paige, a student of Dorothy Taubman herself, teaches the Keyboard Wellness Seminar at the University of North Texas.  I attended the seminar for the first time last year and it completely changed the way I teach and play piano.  I have been so impressed by the improvement in my students' playing from the little I've been able to share with them from the seminar. 

At the Keyboard Wellness Seminar, Shelia teaches on playing octaves, staccatos, teaching technique to Intermediate level students, the mechanics of the arm, training the brain, trill technique, arm weight, and SO much more.

I can not recommend this seminar enough.  You owe it to yourself to at least check out the website and what other people are saying about it.

The Keyboard Wellness Seminar 2012


Testimonials

Shall I see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...