About Me

My photo
has been playing piano for over 15 years with training from some of America's best concert performers. My true love, however, is teaching with a fun twist.

Monday, April 30, 2012

April Post Round-up

If you're in anywhere close to the same boat I am, then April is not just about flowers, showers and pollen.  April is always packed with competitions, recital prep, and remembering to eat at some point in the day.  Here to inspire you during your busiest season is a collection of my favorite blog posts from April 2012.

Adding A Lab to Your Lessons - Why? 
Blog: Wendy's Piano Studio
Wendy's guest poster definitely wins the award for boggling my mind this month.  Although I have always considered myself technologically inclined, the idea of bringing the computer into the piano studio has had me shaking my head.  But after reading this well thought out series, I am starting to rethink my ways.




Upside-Down Compositions
Blog: The Teaching Studio
What a creative idea!  In this post Jenny helps her student practice note reading my turning their music, literally, on its head!


How to Teach Piano to Anthony Ants-in-His-Pants
Blog: TeachPianoToday
Andrea's advice here is golden.  My very first two students were, in fact, hand-offs from another teacher not willing to put up with a couple more Anthonys.  I'll never forget when they tried to play piano with their tongues and toes.




A Playlist for a Beatiful Thursday
Blog: NolaPianoTeacher
Ever heard of Gypsy Jazz Musicians?  I hadn't either.  Nola does a wonderful job of opening up for us this beautiful and exciting music style and tradition.



Well, I am delighted that my big blunder has inspired you.  If you missed out reading this month's hit post then you will definitely want to check it out!   

Have I left out your favorite blog post?  Please share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...