About Me

My photo
has been playing piano for over 15 years with training from some of America's best concert performers. My true love, however, is teaching with a fun twist.

Friday, March 30, 2012

March Post Round-up

This March has been full of surprises.  Whether you have watched election polls swish between candidates, weather run amok, or you have been, no doubt, baffled by how active the dreariest month of the year has turned out to be.  And the music teaching world has been no exception.  Here is a list a collection of my favorite blog posts from March 2012.

Marketing to Homeschoolers 
Blog: Wendy's Piano Studio
Wendy shares a wonderful collection of tips and tricks for marketing to the homeschool community.  I was a homeschooled student myself, so I can really relate to alot of the things she says.  The only addition I would make is that alot of homeschoolers use online groups, such as Yahoo!, to communicate and advertise so I highly recommend joining some of your local online groups.


Development of Piano Technique all bundled into one collection
Blog: Arioso7's Blog
Arioso7 takes a look at the beauty and practicality of teaching from Burgmuller's Twenty-Five Progressive Pieces.  I am a huge fan of teaching Burgmuller, particularly at the early intermediate levels.  I love how Arioso has broken down the technical aspects of each piece for us.




Tips on Memorizing Piano Music
Blog: Nola Piano Teacher
Although she is just starting out, I am already in love with Nola's Blog.  Her tips and tricks are spot on and very practical.  This post on memorizing tricks is chock full of helpful advice, some of which I have been using for years and some I am now going to start using ASAP.


Note Drop, Write, and Play- A Game from Cecilly
Blog: Susan Paradis' Piano Teaching Resources
If you have been following this blog at all then you already know that I am a huge fan of Susan Paradis' blog.  This game for identifying notes on the staff is definitely this month's favorite.  I love creative new ways to reinforce note reading!


You didn't think I'd leave us out, did you?  Well, your viewing has chosen and the most popular post from this month has been our comedic take on sight reading.  Don't forget to check it out?  So what would you like to see in our upcoming posts?   

Have I left out your favorite blog post?  Please share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...